Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sandy Mann Sandy Mann is offline

Default Convert

Hours: =INT(INT(H20)+MOD(H20,1)/0.6)/24

Minutes: =MOD(MOD(H2:H20,1)/0.6,1)/24

This will return 3:00 and 0:37 respectively

If you want the hours and minutes as dicimal figures then do not divide by
24 and format as General or Number but that may give you problems lated if
you are adding up the minutes.

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Dallas Colt" wrote in message
aghhh...I just figured that out, thank you. How do I take the single cell
and transfer it into Hours in one cell and minutes in the other for 2.58??
Again, thank you for your help. We have a time sheet that doesn't export
it
into hours and minutes.
--
Dallas

"jhyatt" wrote:

where is 2.97 coming from decimel time time would put that at 2 hours 58
mins

"Dallas Colt" wrote:

How do I convert a cell showing 2.97 into 3 hours and 37 minutes and
place 3
in one column and 37 in the other column...make sense???
--
Dallas