Julie P.

Default How do I multi-paste?

Hi, for Microsoft Word, all I have to do is copy something, and then I can
keep pasting that forever by just clicking "paste" repeatedly.

But for Microsoft Excel, this does not work. You can paste only one time,
and that is it.

Is there any way I can lift this restriction?

Thanks!

Earl Kiosterud

Julie,

You can paste as many times as you want. The unusual thing about Excel is
that if you do other stuff, like type something into a cell, delete a cell,
etc., the clipboard is lost. No one knows why this is. At least I don't.

--
Earl Kiosterud

"Julie P." wrote in message
Hi, for Microsoft Word, all I have to do is copy something, and then I can
keep pasting that forever by just clicking "paste" repeatedly.

But for Microsoft Excel, this does not work. You can paste only one time,
and that is it.

Is there any way I can lift this restriction?

Thanks!

Julie P.

"Earl Kiosterud" wrote in message
Julie,

You can paste as many times as you want. The unusual thing about Excel is
that if you do other stuff, like type something into a cell, delete a
cell, etc., the clipboard is lost. No one knows why this is. At least I
don't.

thanks Earl. You are right. So once you do something else, the clipboard is
lost. Sorry about the cross-posting. I am not sure of the difference
between:
Microsoft.public.excel.misc and microsoft.public.excel

Jim May

I use Control+C to get my Copy Range, then (select another range) Control+V,
(select another range) Control+V,
(select another range) Control+V,
(select another range) Control+V,
to multipaste;
works like a charm.

"Julie P." wrote in message
Hi, for Microsoft Word, all I have to do is copy something, and then I can
keep pasting that forever by just clicking "paste" repeatedly.

But for Microsoft Excel, this does not work. You can paste only one time,
and that is it.

Is there any way I can lift this restriction?

Thanks!

Earl Kiosterud

Julie,

The newsgroups are used quite randomly. There are many posts in
..worksheetfunctions that have nothing to do with worksheet functions (SUM(),
IF(), etc). And macro questions that you'd expect to find in .programming
are in other newsgroups. I have no idea of the intended difference between
..excel and .excel.misc.
--
Earl Kiosterud

"Julie P." wrote in message
"Earl Kiosterud" wrote in message
Julie,

You can paste as many times as you want. The unusual thing about Excel
is that if you do other stuff, like type something into a cell, delete a
cell, etc., the clipboard is lost. No one knows why this is. At least I
don't.

thanks Earl. You are right. So once you do something else, the clipboard
is lost. Sorry about the cross-posting. I am not sure of the difference
between:
Microsoft.public.excel.misc and microsoft.public.excel

Julie P.

"Jim May" wrote in message
I use Control+C to get my Copy Range, then (select another range)
Control+V,
(select another range) Control+V,
(select another range) Control+V,
(select another range) Control+V,
to multipaste;
works like a charm.

Thanks Jim. You are right, but the problem is as soon as you do something
else, the contents of your clipboard disappear, unlike with MS Word!

J.

Dana DeLouis

Hi July. The issue with Excel for Windows is that I don't think Excel
actually copies anything to the clipboard. All Excel does during a copy
operation (more than one cell), it just establishes a link, called "CutCopy"
mode. If you do anything that might break the integrity of that link, or if
Excel thinks that you "could have" broken the integrity of that link, then
Excel will remove itself from cutcopy mode. Excel considers anything over
100 cells to be "a lot of cells."
HTH
--
Dana DeLouis