Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula Problem

Hello All,

I was wondering if you could help me, I am using the following formula in
Excel 2003.

=SUMPRODUCT(--(E3:E129<=(NOW())))

This is basically telling me any values that are before the current date
(i.e Expired training). The formula works OK but is counting blank cells
(Not everyone has done the training!!).

Can anyone let me know how to amend this formula to exclude blank cells.

Many Thanks

Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=SUMPRODUCT((E3:E129<=NOW())*(E3:E129<""))
Note that if you are looking at just date, rather than time, you may want to
change NOW() to TODAY(), and you may want < rather than <= if you are
looking at dates before today.
--
David Biddulph