Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Format text in text box

I appear to be unable to bold text in a text box. What am I doing wrong?

I need to present a panel on my worksheet that will act as a 'help panel'
and the text is such that it will scroll off screen. I think a text box is
probably the easiest way to do this. If you have a better idea I would love
to hear it!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I assume that you are using an AxtiveX Text Box. (created from a button on
the Control Toolbox toolbar in pre 2007 versions of Excel or created from the
ActiveX controls in xl2007)

Click on the Design Mode button. This button looks like a blue set square
with a ruler and a pencil. (On the Control Toolbox toolbar in pre 2007 or
next to the Insert button on the Developer tab in xl2007)

Right click on the text box and select properties. Click on the right column
next to Font and then click on the button with the three little dots at the
end of line and go from there.

Don't forget to turn off design mode when you are finished.

Regards,

OssieMac

"Mr. NoJoy" wrote:

I appear to be unable to bold text in a text box. What am I doing wrong?

I need to present a panel on my worksheet that will act as a 'help panel'
and the text is such that it will scroll off screen. I think a text box is
probably the easiest way to do this. If you have a better idea I would love
to hear it!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi again,

I'm not sure that I am altogether clear on the purpose of the text box. If I
understand correctly, it is simply instructions and/or messages to the user.

If my understanding is correct, try using the Drawing Text Box. In pre
xl2007 you will find it on the Drawing Toolbar and in xl2007 it is on the
Insert Ribbon in the Text block at the right side of the ribbon. (The button
looks like a printed sheet with an upper case A in the top left corner.)

You can use all the usual text formatting tools for font type, bold and
color etc in a Drawing Text Box. However, I am not aware of any method of
returning values from them for use in the worksheet.

Regards,

OssieMac