Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pulling out repeated data in huge spreadsheet

Hi, I have a huge spread sheet with the deposits and I need to pull them out
and copy them into another sheet to add them up. the text "payment received"
then the amount, is there anyway I select all of these entries (a years
worth) and copy them into another worksheet? I'm using Office 2003-
thanks a lot
cklevine

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Why bother pulling the transactions out? You could use a SumIf or a
SumProduct formula or perhaps a pivot table to aggregate based on your
criterial... Post a few more details and we can help you with that if you
wish.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"cklevine" wrote:

Hi, I have a huge spread sheet with the deposits and I need to pull them out
and copy them into another sheet to add them up. the text "payment received"
then the amount, is there anyway I select all of these entries (a years
worth) and copy them into another worksheet? I'm using Office 2003-
thanks a lot
cklevine

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am a very inexperienced user, do not know much about formulas, except to
add them up-
It is a simple spreed sheet downloaded the transactions from the bank , from
a bank account with deposits and withdrawals I just need the deposits
separated so i can add them up

"cklevine" wrote:

Hi, I have a huge spread sheet with the deposits and I need to pull them out
and copy them into another sheet to add them up. the text "payment received"
then the amount, is there anyway I select all of these entries (a years
worth) and copy them into another worksheet? I'm using Office 2003-
thanks a lot
cklevine

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In XL hit the F1 key and type SumIf into the question box. It will give you a
description of the function.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"cklevine" wrote:

Hi, I have a huge spread sheet with the deposits and I need to pull them out
and copy them into another sheet to add them up. the text "payment received"
then the amount, is there anyway I select all of these entries (a years
worth) and copy them into another worksheet? I'm using Office 2003-
thanks a lot
cklevine

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Drar Jim,

Can one select the range of cells - I understand the formula, just not sure
if I put the range in manually or select it with the mouse-
thank
cklevine

"cklevine" wrote:

Hi, I have a huge spread sheet with the deposits and I need to pull them out
and copy them into another sheet to add them up. the text "payment received"
then the amount, is there anyway I select all of these entries (a years
worth) and copy them into another worksheet? I'm using Office 2003-
thanks a lot
cklevine

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Help ! here is the SUM IF and I'm getting 0
=SUMIF(A2:F258,Ebay Payment Received,F2:F258)
F column is the coll which has the final numbers (deposit amounts) that I
need added up -what am I doing wrong?
thanks
Cklevine

"cklevine" wrote:

Hi, I have a huge spread sheet with the deposits and I need to pull them out
and copy them into another sheet to add them up. the text "payment received"
then the amount, is there anyway I select all of these entries (a years
worth) and copy them into another worksheet? I'm using Office 2003-
thanks a lot
cklevine

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If the desired information for each entry is all on a single row, simply
select the entire sheet, do Data, Sort. That way you can put the rows in
one contiguous section, then Select Copy Paste.