Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
cklevine cklevine is offline

Default Pulling out repeated data in huge spreadsheet

I am a very inexperienced user, do not know much about formulas, except to
add them up-
It is a simple spreed sheet downloaded the transactions from the bank , from
a bank account with deposits and withdrawals I just need the deposits
separated so i can add them up

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

Why bother pulling the transactions out? You could use a SumIf or a
SumProduct formula or perhaps a pivot table to aggregate based on your
criterial... Post a few more details and we can help you with that if you
wish.
--

Jim Thomlinson

"cklevine" wrote:

Hi, I have a huge spread sheet with the deposits and I need to pull them out
and copy them into another sheet to add them up. the text "payment received"
then the amount, is there anyway I select all of these entries (a years
worth) and copy them into another worksheet? I'm using Office 2003-
thanks a lot
cklevine