Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can't open file...Please help!

Saved an excel file to my desktop. When I double click to open, the file
flashes for a blink of an eye in the excel window. Then its gone, I do not
have a way to view the file.

Has anyone ever seen this before? Any ideas on what I can do to fix and
prevent from happening again?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Does Excel remain open but your file doesn't appear?

Maybe your workbook is open but out of sight.

Try WindowArrange or WindowUnhide.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 13:26:02 -0700, shoe wrote:

Saved an excel file to my desktop. When I double click to open, the file
flashes for a blink of an eye in the excel window. Then its gone, I do not
have a way to view the file.

Has anyone ever seen this before? Any ideas on what I can do to fix and
prevent from happening again?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Does Excel remainopenbut yourfiledoesn't appear?

Maybe your workbook isopenbut out of sight.

Try WindowArrange or WindowUnhide.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 13:26:02 -0700, shoe wrote:

Saved an excelfileto my desktop. When I double click toopen, thefile
flashes for a blink of an eye in the excel window. Then its gone, I do not
have a way to view thefile.

Has anyone ever seen this before? Any ideas on what I can do to fix and
prevent from happening again?

Thanks.

I am having the same problem, and yes I can open it if I first open
Excel, go to File Open and do it from there. If I click on the file
name itself, Excel will open, but that's it. Help, Please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try the usual fix(es) for this problem.

ToolsOptionsGeneral uncheck "Ignore other Applications"
Exit Excel and try again

If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel

Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar

1) StartRun "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)OK.
2) StartRun "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)OK.

See the space between exe and /regserver

You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe.
In that case StartRun "C:\yourpath\excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)OK.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP