Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel filtering error

I have a large spreadsheet that I download each AM from UPS and then turn on
the filtering function and save for use by our customer service dept.

They use this to find tracking numbers for UPS shipments.

Here is the "error" I am encountering.

I went to the column labeled "city" and looked for "Corinth". It was not
listed in the drop down menu.

I then went to the column labeled "company" and selected the vendors name.

After that was done, I was able to see the "Corinth" in the "city" column.

Can anyone offer a solution for this? It's happening more often and across
multiple vendors.

Thanks

Jon
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The dropdown list is limited to 1000 items.

Perhaps Corinth was 1002 on the list?

Workaround is to use CustomEqual to or Contains.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP