Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Simply Accounting

I would like to know if there is a way to export data from simply accounting
to publisher or excel to print statements
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I would suggest reviewing help in your accounting application to see what
export options are available. Additionally, you might want to peruse the
File menu of your accounting application to see if there's and export option
available.

--
Kevin Backmann

"JJ San" wrote:

I would like to know if there is a way to export data from simply accounting
to publisher or excel to print statements

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Sep 7, 8:34 am, JJ San <JJ wrote:
I would like to know if there is a way to export data from simply accounting
to publisher or excel to print statements

Not familiar with the accounting software. Many such applications
have backend access that you can query using MSQuery utility from
within Excel. It is then easy to prepare reports using PivotTables
and similar features.

Junior Member

Location: Vancouver, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ San View Post
export data from simply accounting
to publisher or excel to print statements
I'm only familiar with 2006 & 2007 for Simply.

Yes, there are a couple of ways to do this. One is to generate the report, then choose "export report", then choose Excel (Publisher is not an option, although you could export to a text file then pass to Publisher from there) Another is to use the "Open in Excel" option. Both are shown, beside each other, at the top of the report.

Of course, if the standard options available in Simply are not sufficient, (shameless plug coming - beware) you may wish to check out Pickax(TM), a tool I'll be publishing in the next couple of weeks, at www.pickax.ca. An early version can be viewed at http://www.100wattsolutions.com/html..._tutorial.html. It's about 12 minutes (I'm working on a much better version for release of the new site). Please let me know what you think!