Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Question with data importing

If I have one sheet in excel with EAN codes, and external database with
150000 products, I cannot import it in Excel.
How can I make query with condition in Excel.for example
Column A is ean, to put in Column B query to look in database value in
columnA in Excel and to retrieve wanted value from database.
Similary to Vlookup ...

HELP ME!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What database is the data in? A text file? Access? SQL Server?

If it's in Access, Nick Hodge has a write-up on his site that explains how
to use an Excel value as a parameter in an Access query. Be sure to read all
the way to the end of the article

http://www.nickhodge.co.uk/gui/datam...taexamples.htm

"Crnaovca" wrote:

If I have one sheet in excel with EAN codes, and external database with
150000 products, I cannot import it in Excel.
How can I make query with condition in Excel.for example
Column A is ean, to put in Column B query to look in database value in
columnA in Excel and to retrieve wanted value from database.
Similary to Vlookup ...

HELP ME!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I face a very similar challenge to the one described by Cmaovca, the Nick
Hodge write-up almost worked for me.

After I entered the criteria screen, the "Import Data" window appears where
I should click the "Parameters" button. Unfortunately it is inactive. Why?