Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default macro - stop recording icon

I accidently closed the stop recording icon when I was recording a macro.
Now I have to click -Tools -Macro -Stop Recording.
I miss the icon and would love to know how to turn it back on.

Thanks for any help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Fran,

While recording, you can go to View - Toolbars (or just right-click any toolbar) and put a
check on the Stop Recording toolbar. It should appear. Or if you're not recording, go to
Customize (View - Toolbars - Customize) and put a check on the Stop Recording toolbar.

--
Regards from Virginia Beach,

Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

Note: Top-posting has been the norm here.
Some folks prefer bottom-posting.
But if you bottom-post to a reply that's
already top-posted, the thread gets messy.
When in Rome...
"fran4444" wrote in message
I accidently closed the stop recording icon when I was recording a macro.
Now I have to click -Tools -Macro -Stop Recording.
I miss the icon and would love to know how to turn it back on.

Thanks for any help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Start recording a new macro
Then hit View|toolbars and show "stop recording"
(xl2003 menus system)

You can discard the recorded macro when you're done.

fran4444 wrote:

I accidently closed the stop recording icon when I was recording a macro.
Now I have to click -Tools -Macro -Stop Recording.
I miss the icon and would love to know how to turn it back on.

Thanks for any help!

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just a small point. the reason that the menu disappeared in the first place
is taht instead of hitting Stop Recording, at some point you hit the X. If
you do that then the menu goes away...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson