Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default LOCKED

I try to save an existing file with few changes and it pops up "The Directory
or File cannot be created". What am I doing wrong?
--
sylvia
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not sure Sylvia, I think it may be related to your other problem of the (is
it the same?) file somehow getting the Read Only property set. So the file
exists already, is marked as Read Only by the operating system, and because
of that you're not allowed to overwrite it, and you cannot create a file with
a duplicate name in the same folder.
As a test - first try the other fix I recommended for the Read Only side of
things, then try some minor changes and see if it works. If it doesn't, try
using File Save-As and using a different filename and see what happens.