Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Two Questions....Order Form

Hi,

I've created a form, but I need to do two things:

1. Lock certain cells: If Cell A1=Name and Cell B1 has John Doe. How
can I lock cell A1 so that it can't be modified? I'll need to do this
for all other cells too.

2. Drop Down Help:

I'm currently in cell C63, I need to add a drop down. The two optioms
need to be "Self Install" and "Systems Intergrator", "Self install" is
the defaul option.

For the default options I have hidden rows 64 to 74, but when "Systems
Intergrator" is selected I need to have these rows unhidden.

Thanking You In Advanced
Dolphy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

1. By default all cells are locked; you have to unlock those cells you want
changeable:
Format, Cell, Protection, Unlock
Then you have to protect the sheet:
Tools, Protection, Protect
(I think macros, which you have to use to unhide rows, cant run in xl2007
if the sheet is protected. If you use 2007, use an alternate way; a macro.)
2. Date, Validation, Allow, List, Source, and enter Self Install,Sytem
integrator
3. Right-click worksheet tab, View Code, and paste this:

On Error Resume Next
If Target.Address = Range("C63").Address Then
If Target = "Systems Integrator" Then Rows("64:74").EntireRow.Hidden = False
If Target = "Self Install" Then Rows("64:74").EntireRow.Hidden = True