Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Current Month

I am trying to create a formula that will automatically update my cells using
the current months prior years data. I have a 2006 spreadsheet with columns
labeled Jan - Dec. Since I am doing financials for August, I would like to
just type in August in a cell on my production sheet and have it pull my
August #'s. Then in Sept just type September and it pulls those #'s. I have
figured out how to use the MATCH and get the YTD #'s, but I am not clear on
how to just get one month. Can anyone help me out? I would greatly
appreciate it.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Here's a way, illustrated in this sample construct:
http://savefile.com/files/1030443
Extracting curr mth data from prev years shts.xls

In sheet: 2007,

You have the flexibility to select the month/year
from the DV droplists in C1:C2 and D1:D2

In C3:
=INDEX(OFFSET(INDIRECT("'"&C$1&"'!A:A"),,MATCH(C$2 ,INDIRECT("'"&C$1&"'!1:1"),0)-1),ROWS($1:1)+1)
Copy C3 to D3, fill down as far as required. This will bring in data for the
selected month/year from the previous yearly sheets as desired.
--
Max
Singapore