Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default combining pivot tables, then making a ranges.

I'm making a graph of the bids we have made and what we have won and lost
simplified my chart looks like this.

Bid Amount Won/Lost?
A 10K W
B 2K L
C 15K W

Time to stretch the brain...

So I need a chart that can tell me we bid x amount of times in the 0-5k
range, 6-10k range, and 11-20k range. So basically I need these pieces of
information seperated but the amounts.

THEN...

I have to show out of x amounts of bids in this range how many won (W).

what do I do?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Your amounts are "10K". Is that literally what you have or is it 10,000. If
it is the text in the first example then you need to add a helper column to
your source data to build your ranges. If it is the 10,000 number then you
can just use Group in the options and add the group to your pivot with no
need to change anything in your source data...

If you need more help with this then reply back indicating what your source
data looks like...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson