Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2002 : Keyboard short cut for highlighting

Dear Sir,

Lets consider the following worksheet example:

A B
4 IV0253
7 IV0256
750 IV0257 120
751 IV0258 220
752 IV0259
1200 IV0260 100
1201 IV0261 80
1202 IV0262
2500 IV0263 110
2501 IV0264 210
2502 IV0265
5500 IV0266 800
5501 IV0267 950
5502 IV0268 210
5503 =SUM( )

I have a long listing of numbers that has empty spaces between them,

When I am at cell B5503 and wish to add up to cell B1, may I know if there
is any keyborad shortcut to highlight the entire block after I entered =sum(

Thanks

Low

--
A36B58K641
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Start your formula:
=sum(b5530:
(include the colon, too)
hit ctrl-home.
That will get you to the top left cell of the window (or the frozen pane/split
window). Then you can use the arrow keys to get to where you want.

But isn't it easier to just include the B1 when you're typing?

=sum(b5530:b1
and hit enter. Excel will add the close paren.

Mr. Low wrote:

[...]

Dave Peterson