Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Tally Survey Result in Excel

I have a survey(in paper) that I need to tally in Excel. There are 22
questions and have a response of Poor to Excellent (1 to 5). I was thinking
of creating a spreasheet whe

Question 1 Question 2.... Question 22.
Responder 1 Answer Answer.... Answer

The response(answer) will be coded as 1 to 5. 1 being poor and 5 being
excellent.
the problem is I don't know how to translate the response code as being
poor, and relate it to question 1. (probably use COUNTIF?)

I also need to tally this and make it in a graph form with the percentage.

The survey was also sent to 2 different departments and I need to tally them
seperately and tally the total.

Hope you can help.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj bj is offline

sounds like a good Pivot table situation.
set up your data something like
col A department
col B Responder
col C Quest Nu
Col D responce
make sure you have a lable for each column
set up a pivot table
and I think the data will be in the form you want