Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ME Hill

Default survey results tally

We have sent a survey form to our customers and I'd like to use Excel to
tally the results. I've made a sheet listing all the questions and possible
answers.

I'm wondering if anyone can advise the best way to have an employee go into
the sheet and add another mark to the chosen response as the surveys are
returned?

I'm picturing him just clicking on the cell that represents the chosen check
box for each answer and a formula counting those clicks, but I'm not seeing
any possible way to work that... is it possible?

Thanks for any guidance - thought I'd ask here before creating something
cumbersome!

Mary

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ME Hill

"ME Hill" wrote:

We have sent a survey form to our customers and I'd like to use Excel to
tally the results. I've made a sheet listing all the questions and
possible
answers.

I'm wondering if anyone can advise the best way to have an employee go
into
the sheet and add another mark to the chosen response as the surveys are
returned?

I'm picturing him just clicking on the cell that represents the chosen
check
box for each answer and a formula counting those clicks, but I'm not
seeing
any possible way to work that... is it possible?

Thanks for any guidance - thought I'd ask here before creating something
cumbersome!

Mary

It's not an online survey - sorry, guess I should have mentioned ;)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Toppers

If you ONLY want a tally, then you are going to have to have VBA code to do
the accumulation whether or not you use check boxes or another method. If
individual responses are recorded, then formulae could be used to produce the
required tallies.

If a wrong check box is ticked you have to undo it and then tally the
correct one: this appears to me to be a "risky" approach.

The main disdavantange of doing an overall tally is that you will not be
able to do "what if" analysis on your data i.e look at permutations of
answers (which of course may not be required).

You (probably) will need some sort of trigger e.g. a button, to indicate the
data has been entered and therefore the accumulation should be actioned.

HTH