Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JDM JDM is offline

Default Simple Calculation Not Working

I have a spreadsheet that does a very simple calculation Column M minus
Coulmn O. Column M and N are merged, Columns O and P are merged, and the
answer is supposed to appear in Column Q (which is merged with R). I have a
workbook that has 3 tabs containing this calculation and it works very well
(10 - 1 = 9).

I have another workbook with 40+ tabs containing this calculation and it
doesn't compute. I have put the same calculation elsewhere in the spreadsheet
and it works. I have also tried re-doing the calculation in the spreadsheet
in the same place and it doesn't work. Why has it all of the sudden stopped
working in it's original places.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See if the word 'Calculate' appears on the status bar, and if so, press F9 to
force a manual recalculation.

Click TOOLS/OPTIONS in the menu and click the CALCULATION tab in the OPTIONS
dialog box and verify that calculations are set to Automatic, and if not
click the Automatic option button to activate
--
Kevin Backmann