Bjarne Hansen

Default Need help with a simple Time calculation

Hi

I'm a little new in Excel, I need some help
with at sheet, that are able to calculate time
something like this:

text1 3:30 (3 min 30 sec)
text2 2:10 3:40 (result of text1 and test2)
text3 1:40 8:20 (result of text1, 2 and 3)
total 7:20

Thanks in advance

Max

ugh .. you multi-posted in .worskheet.functions,
(please do not multi-post)

Here's the response given over the

Not sure from your post as it stands .. but try this as a start

Assuming you have these times in B2:B4

3:30
2:10
1:40

you could just put in B5: =SUM(B2:B4)
and format B5 as Custom, Type: [h]:mm
(Click Format Cells Custom)

Inserting the square brackets around the "h" in [h]:mm
will enable the total figure to rollover 24 hours
--
Rgds
Max
"Bjarne Hansen" wrote in message
. ..
Hi

I'm a little new in Excel, I need some help
with at sheet, that are able to calculate time
something like this:

text1 3:30 (3 min 30 sec)
text2 2:10 3:40 (result of text1 and test2)
text3 1:40 8:20 (result of text1, 2 and 3)
total 7:20

Thanks in advance

Max

Ugly typo, sorry ..:

.. you multi-posted in .worskheet.functions,

should read as:
.. you multi-posted in .worksheet.functions,

--
Rgds
Max