Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Linking Questions

Hope someone can help me with this.. If you have a Doc A listings names in
column A and you want each sheet name in another DOC B to be the names on the
list in Doc A. Is that possible with a formula? I know you can highlight all
the sheets in DOC B link to one cell in Doc A and then change each
seperately,is there an easier way?

Also is there formula to have each tab name the same as a cell on the sheet
without manually typing each name on the tab?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Part 1 would require VBA subroutine

Part 2: The info below tell how to get filename, sheetnames, etc.. To
quickly enter a formula in the same cell of many sheets you need to group
the sheets. Click tab of Sheet1, hold Shift, click tab of last sheet.

File path, file and worksheet name:
=CELL("filename",A1)
File path only:
=LEFT(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1),1)-1)
File name only:
=MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1),1)+1,FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1),1)-FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1),1)-1)
The sheet name:
=MID(CELL("Filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("Filename",A1))+1,255)
Restrictions
This technique only works for workbooks that have been saved, at least once.

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP