Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default IF then statement+ condiditonal format

Hello,

I am trying to color text white (to essentially hide it) if it meets a
certain condition. However, it isn't as simple as if the cell =x. My If
statement includes recognizing text. =IF(H12="Independent", color text
white, color text black). Is there a way that I can use conditional
formatting in this case?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Mary,

What I do in some of my reports if a formula like

=IF(H12="Independent", " ",H12)

This would return a blank if H12 is Independent and if H12 is not
Independent, it would return the value for whatever is in H12. Hope this
helps.

Aleisha

"mary" wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to color text white (to essentially hide it) if it meets a
certain condition. However, it isn't as simple as if the cell =x. My If
statement includes recognizing text. =IF(H12="Independent", color text
white, color text black). Is there a way that I can use conditional
formatting in this case?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you. I had tried that but when it left a blank it caused problems with
my other formatting. I thought there was another way, but it looks like I
will have to think of something else.

"mary" wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to color text white (to essentially hide it) if it meets a
certain condition. However, it isn't as simple as if the cell =x. My If
statement includes recognizing text. =IF(H12="Independent", color text
white, color text black). Is there a way that I can use conditional
formatting in this case?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes. In CF, either
Cell Value is/ Equal to: ="Independent" or
Formula is: =H12="Independent"
and set up your white font
--
David Biddulph