Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Populate Data w/ Multiple Drop-Downs

I have a workbook that has a "master" worksheet with all the data (it is ever
expanding column wise). Right now it is 36 rows by like 150 columns. What I
need to do is create another worksheet in the same book that is linked to the
master worksheet. On the new worksheet, I need to have one drop down box
(which chooses a name from column A on the master worksheet), then two drop
down boxes that choose a date from the header rows (i.e. d1-fa1). From there,
once the name and dates are chosen, data is pulled from the master worksheet
depending on the selections made and is populated on the new worksheet.
Another issue is that the dates are 4 merged cells and under the dates are 4
sub-header rows for each week (so, the first two rows are header rows). (It
is like a weekly report card, if that helps any) - I'm sure I'm not
describing this properly, but I'm trying.

My IT department has suggested that this type of thing may need to be put in
Access, however, most of my end users receiving the report don't have Access,
so I want to avoid that, if possible.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I've searched through
pages of these discussion questions and many help files/sites and haven't
been able to quite figure it out. I'm wondering if it is even possible?

Thanks for your time!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Tiffany,

What you want, is quite possible. You need to have some knowledge about
data validation - for the drop-down boxes, and the lookup function.
Unfortunately this website no longer registers one for replies received, so
if you want more assistance, I suggest you contact me directly on
, or else on remove
NOSPAM from the 2nd address
--
Hth