Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default I can't get sort to work

The worksheet is not protected. "Sort" is faded. I created the worksheet
and never protected it at all. All cells are unlocked. Can anyone help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Check if you have you only got one sheet selected? If you have multiple
sheets selected then you will see [Group] alongside the workbook name at the
top of the screen. Also the tab names of the selected sheets will all have
white background but not so easily recognisable.

Selecting multiple sheets is done by holding the Ctrl key while clicking on
the other sheet tabs. Holding Shift key selects all tabs from current to the
tab clicked.

To unselect multiple sheets, click on the tab name of any unselected sheet
or on any tab name other than the visible one if all sheets are selected.

Regards,

OssieMac

"I can't get sort to work" wrote:

The worksheet is not protected. "Sort" is faded. I created the worksheet
and never protected it at all. All cells are unlocked. Can anyone help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Verify whether your file name displays as follows:

Microsoft Excel - filename.xls [Group].

If the file name displays this way then, right-click on one of the grouped
worksheet tab and select Ungrouped Sheets. Now all the sheet will be
ungrouped, then when you click the Data menu, the Sort command shows enabled.

Challa Prabhu