Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default automatically move cursor to top of a column

I would appreciate if someone could please help with the following problem.
I would like to be able to enter data to a specific cell (say A10) then
automatically get the cursor to jump to the top of the next column, (say B1)
then be able to enter data to the specific cell in this column (say B10) and
then, again, get the cursor to jump to the top of the next column (say C1) in
an attempt to be able to see all data entered on the screen without having to
scroll. I imagine some sort of macro might do the trick. I am using Excel
2003.

Thanking you in advance,
Jelena
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Put this in the worksheet code area:

If Intersect(Target, Rows("10:10")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
Cells(1, Target.Column + 1).Select

Gary''s Student - gsnu200739

"Jelena" wrote:

I would appreciate if someone could please help with the following problem.
I would like to be able to enter data to a specific cell (say A10) then
automatically get the cursor to jump to the top of the next column, (say B1)
then be able to enter data to the specific cell in this column (say B10) and
then, again, get the cursor to jump to the top of the next column (say C1) in
an attempt to be able to see all data entered on the screen without having to
scroll. I imagine some sort of macro might do the trick. I am using Excel
2003.

Thanking you in advance,
Jelena

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Or

If Intersect(Target, Rows("10:10")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
If Target.Parent.Columns.Count Target.Column Then
Cells(1, Target.Column + 1).Select
Else
Cells(1, 1).Select

;) I'm guessing they'll never get to the last column though.

"Jelena" wrote:

I would appreciate if someone could please help with the following problem.
I would like to be able to enter data to a specific cell (say A10) then
automatically get the cursor to jump to the top of the next column, (say B1)
then be able to enter data to the specific cell in this column (say B10) and
then, again, get the cursor to jump to the top of the next column (say C1) in
an attempt to be able to see all data entered on the screen without having to
scroll. I imagine some sort of macro might do the trick. I am using Excel
2003.

Thanking you in advance,
Jelena

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc