Naveed Ahmad Purewal

Default move cursor to 4th column with one press of tab key?

i want to know how to change the setting of cursor with tab key from one
column to the other, can it be set to move directly to the 5th or what ever
the number of column we wish to with one hit on tab key?
Max

I'm not sure whether this will work for you,
but it's a harmless play
(hang around for better suggestions ..)

Let's say we want to tab from A1 to F1,
then hard return to A2, tab to F2, and so on

In a new sheet,
Hold CTRL down, select cols A and F
Click Format Cells Protection tab Uncheck "Locked" OK
Click Tools Protection Protect Sheet OK

Try it out:
Select A1, press Tab, ENTER, Tab, ENTER ...
You'll get the zig-zag jumps: A1-F1-A2-F2-A3-F3 ...
--
Rgds
Max
wrote in message ...
i want to know how to change the setting of cursor with tab key from one
column to the other, can it be set to move directly to the 5th or what

ever
the number of column we wish to with one hit on tab key?

Rodney

If one was merely entering data, would not "hide"
the interim columns be an easier solution for zig-zag jumps?

| Try it out:
| Select A1, press Tab, ENTER, Tab, ENTER ...
| You'll get the zig-zag jumps: A1-F1-A2-F2-A3-F3 ...
| --
| Rgds
| Max
| xl 97

Max

I read it that all columns were to remain visible, Rodney <g
--
Rgds
Max
GMT+8, 1° 22' N 103° 45' E
xdemechanik <atyahoo<dotcom
----

RagDyer

To map out an *exact* path for the focus to travel with each hit of the
<Enter key, see if this old post helps:

http://tinyurl.com/39vzv
--
HTH,

RD

wrote in message ...
i want to know how to change the setting of cursor with tab key from one
column to the other, can it be set to move directly to the 5th or what

ever
the number of column we wish to with one hit on tab key?

Rodney

Thanks Max,
I hope you didn't take my comments as smart-alecky,
rather, I could not think of any other reason why a person would want
to locate a cell at wide locations, constantly, other than data entry.
I was encouraging perhaps a different slant I may have missed.
Databases do adapt to this by offering tab matrixes.
Regards.

| I read it that all columns were to remain visible, Rodney <g
| --
| Rgds
| Max
| xl 97
| ---
| GMT+8, 1° 22' N 103° 45' E
| xdemechanik <atyahoo<dotcom
| ----

Max

Not at all, Rodney ! <g
We'll just have to enjoy guessing our hearts out here
unless / until the OP feeds back further ..
--
Rgds
Max