Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default default save location on network

Is there a generic code that can be used to save the active wb to the users
personal default drive and document folder? (There is a fairly good chance
that the user won't have write access to the location that this original
template will be stored)

The macro stored in original saves an altered copy of itself to a set
location on our LAN as part of a macro.

For reapplication to other sites I am having to make the save line "generic"
because I don't know drive and folder names or the eventual users read/write
priviledges on their network.

--
THANKS!

Steve
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Why not use something like

aWB.SaveAs(myString) where mystring includes the filepath and the filename.
You could also have the user select the filepath and append it with VB.

HTH,
Barb Reinhardt