Perplexed

Default Why does Excel automatically create a temporary Word archive file.

Each time I 'save as' MS Excel saves an additional file in my folder which
has archive properties and also tags it as temporary. I would like to
eliminate this additional file from the saving process. How is this done?
Peo Sjoblom

That is by design and cannot be turned off

Peo Sjoblom

"Perplexed" wrote in message
Each time I 'save as' MS Excel saves an additional file in my folder which
has archive properties and also tags it as temporary. I would like to
eliminate this additional file from the saving process. How is this done?

Fredrik Wahlgren

"Perplexed" wrote in message
Each time I 'save as' MS Excel saves an additional file in my folder which
has archive properties and also tags it as temporary. I would like to
eliminate this additional file from the saving process. How is this done?

This is a backup file in case something bad happens. Excel will use it to
recreate the document.
/Fredrik

Debra Dalgleish

There's a description of the process in the following MSKB article:

Description of the way that Excel saves files
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=814068

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List