Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default percentage formula

Heres what i would like to do. I would like column b to equal column a minus
x percent. The goal is to only have to eneter one formula and it will
automatically fill it in to the corresponding row.

EX.

A B
200 150
100 75
400 100

Is there a way to do this with out entering the fomula in to every row.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ian Ian is offline

Hi James

The example you give has B equal to different percentages. The easiest way
with this would be to have another column with the percentage values (eg
column D).

In the first row of data in column B, type =A2*D2/100 then copy it down the
column as far as you need. The references to row 2 will change to 3, 4 etc.

Type the percentages in column D (eg 75, 75, 25 in your example)

If the 3rd row of your example is a type and they are all 75%, the formula
is =A2*0.75

--
Ian
--

"James L" wrote in message
Heres what i would like to do. I would like column b to equal column a
minus
x percent. The goal is to only have to eneter one formula and it will
automatically fill it in to the corresponding row.

EX.

A B
200 150
100 75
400 100

Is there a way to do this with out entering the fomula in to every row.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Here is a way to enter the formula only one time:

1. say we have numbers in column A, from A1 thru A100
2. hi-light cells B1 thru B100
3. type =A1*(100-.25)
4. don't use ENTER to enter the formula in step 3, use CNTRL-ENTER

This should fill all the cells from B1 thru B100 in one swell foop!!
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200738

"James L" wrote:

Heres what i would like to do. I would like column b to equal column a minus
x percent. The goal is to only have to eneter one formula and it will
automatically fill it in to the corresponding row.

EX.

A B
200 150
100 75
400 100

Is there a way to do this with out entering the fomula in to every row.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In general, 100-.25 would be 99.75, not .75, though I guess that the latter
was intended.
Maybe =A1*(100%-.25) or =A1*(1-25%) or ... ?
--
David Biddulph

"James L" wrote:

Heres what i would like to do. I would like column b to equal column a
minus
x percent. The goal is to only have to eneter one formula and it will
automatically fill it in to the corresponding row.

EX.

A B
200 150
100 75
400 100

Is there a way to do this with out entering the fomula in to every row.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sun, 19 Aug 2007 11:34:02 -0700 from James L
:
Heres what i would like to do. I would like column b to equal column a minus
x percent.

Please see answers in the other newsgroup where you posted, and in
future don't post the same query multiple times.

--
"First prove what you're saying, then whine about it."
-- /The People's Court/