Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default 2nd split

Dear NG:

I thought I remembered seeing a hack somewhere which described a way to add
a 2nd split bar to a worksheet.

Is anyone aware of this or was I hallucinating.

Thanks,

-Kevin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I thought I remembered seeing a hack somewhere which described a
way to add a 2nd split bar to a worksheet.

You can divide your spreadsheet into 4 scrollable regions, although each
section is not totally independently scrollable. To do a quad-split, do the
following...

1) At the top of the vertical scroll bar, there is a small rectangle (it
almost looks like a min-button)... click and drag it down to the middle area
of the grid. Your spreadsheet should now be in two scrollable sections.

2) At the right side of the horizontal scroll bar is a similar looking
rectangle... click and drag it to the middle of the grid. Your spreadsheet
will now have four scrollable regions.

Is that what you were referring to?

Rick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Rick,

Thanks for your response.

Is that what you were referring to?

No, I think what I saw was a registry hack that would allow 2 vertical
split bars or 2 horizontal split bars. Creating a 3 pane window.

-Kevin

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote in
message ...
I thought I remembered seeing a hack somewhere which described a
way to add a 2nd split bar to a worksheet.

You can divide your spreadsheet into 4 scrollable regions, although each
section is not totally independently scrollable. To do a quad-split, do
the following...

1) At the top of the vertical scroll bar, there is a small rectangle (it
almost looks like a min-button)... click and drag it down to the middle
area of the grid. Your spreadsheet should now be in two scrollable
sections.

2) At the right side of the horizontal scroll bar is a similar looking
rectangle... click and drag it to the middle of the grid. Your spreadsheet
will now have four scrollable regions.

Is that what you were referring to?

Rick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj bj is offline

tyou can also add new windows (View-new window) so have multiple winows open
for the same spread sheet side by side and above each other

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote:

I thought I remembered seeing a hack somewhere which described a
way to add a 2nd split bar to a worksheet.

You can divide your spreadsheet into 4 scrollable regions, although each
section is not totally independently scrollable. To do a quad-split, do the
following...

1) At the top of the vertical scroll bar, there is a small rectangle (it
almost looks like a min-button)... click and drag it down to the middle area
of the grid. Your spreadsheet should now be in two scrollable sections.

2) At the right side of the horizontal scroll bar is a similar looking
rectangle... click and drag it to the middle of the grid. Your spreadsheet
will now have four scrollable regions.

Is that what you were referring to?

Rick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm not familiar with the registry hack you are thinking about then.
However, it seems a simple horizontal split coupled with a New Window view
as 'bj' points out in elsewhere in this thread might meet your needs without
having to mess around in the registry.

Rick

"Kevin" wrote in message
Rick,

Thanks for your response.

[...]

Un-Split Justme-in-Az Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 December 30th 06 07:49 PM
Split box ED New Users to Excel 1 April 27th 06 09:43 PM
split bar splittinheadache Charts and Charting in Excel 1 April 13th 06 11:16 AM
Split a Value Gabe Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 December 20th 05 05:28 PM
split bar chart maxtrixx Charts and Charting in Excel 4 July 8th 05 08:08 PM