maxtrixx

Default split bar chart

I need to create a bar chart using the following data:

Column1 = 2 (value inside cell)
Column2 = 3 (value inside cell)
Coumn3 = 5 (=column1 + column2)

Here's the layout I'm looking for:

bar1 would start at 0(zero) and stop at 2
bar2 would start at 3 and stop at 5 (nothing would show below 3 for this bar)

It's pretty much a stacked bar graph but each "stack" would be in its own
column.

Thanks!

Bernard Liengme

Not sure if it is what you need but goto
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips and look at Column Chart with a
Difference
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"maxtrixx" wrote in message
I need to create a bar chart using the following data:

Column1 = 2 (value inside cell)
Column2 = 3 (value inside cell)
Coumn3 = 5 (=column1 + column2)

Here's the layout I'm looking for:

bar1 would start at 0(zero) and stop at 2
bar2 would start at 3 and stop at 5 (nothing would show below 3 for this
bar)

It's pretty much a stacked bar graph but each "stack" would be in its own
column.

Thanks!

Bernard Liengme

Try a Google for "Excel" + "Gantt"
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"maxtrixx" wrote in message
I need to create a bar chart using the following data:

Column1 = 2 (value inside cell)
Column2 = 3 (value inside cell)
Coumn3 = 5 (=column1 + column2)

Here's the layout I'm looking for:

bar1 would start at 0(zero) and stop at 2
bar2 would start at 3 and stop at 5 (nothing would show below 3 for
this
bar)

It's pretty much a stacked bar graph but each "stack" would be in its
own
column.

Thanks!

maxtrixx

I found what I was looking for under Format Data Series Options.

All I needed to do was create a stacked bar chart and make the overlap
option = 0.

Thanks anyways!

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Try a Google for "Excel" + "Gantt"