William ASSAL

Default How to insert easily the text of a scientific formula

I would like to insert, as comment, as explanations, as title ...,
mathematical formulae under Excel
To insert, one after the other, symbols retrieved from character tables is
very harsh.
Is there a scientific editing software embedded in Excel (Mathtype is only
embedded in Word) ?
Alternatively, is there an ergonomic solution (easy updating, not impacting
the memory size of the file ...) for this problem ?

Thank you very much for your help,
W. ASSAL
)

Dave O

One way to do this is to copy the formula to the clipboard, and paste
it without the "=" to another cell. This converts it to text.

William ASSAL

Thank you very much for your answer. But I am afraid that there is a
misunderstanding on my problem. What I try to do is to insert mathematical
formulae with mathematical symbols as a text in an Excel cell. An equivalent
is done under word with the embedded software Mathtype which is not,
unfortunately embeddable in Excel.
Have a nice day,
William ASSAL
)
"Dave O" wrote:

One way to do this is to copy the formula to the clipboard, and paste
it without the "=" to another cell. This converts it to text.

Ron Rosenfeld

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 03:59:02 -0800, "William ASSAL"
wrote:

I would like to insert, as comment, as explanations, as title ...,
mathematical formulae under Excel
To insert, one after the other, symbols retrieved from character tables is
very harsh.
Is there a scientific editing software embedded in Excel (Mathtype is only
embedded in Word) ?
Alternatively, is there an ergonomic solution (easy updating, not impacting
the memory size of the file ...) for this problem ?

Thank you very much for your help,
W. ASSAL
)

Looking at the Insert/Object menu in my Excel 2002, I see Microsoft Equation
Editor 3.0. Perhaps this might be useful to you?

--ron
William ASSAL

Thank you very much !
It is very convenient for what I try to write. I didn't know this choice in
the tools bar. I thougth wrongly that the object had to exist somewhere in a
file before to be inserted in the worksheet. I am very sorry to have disturb
you with such a question. the answer was under my nose !

Have a nice and sunny day,

William ASSAL

wrote:

I would like to insert, as comment, as explanations, as title ...,
mathematical formulae under Excel
To insert, one after the other, symbols retrieved from character tables is
very harsh.
Is there a scientific editing software embedded in Excel (Mathtype is only
embedded in Word) ?
Alternatively, is there an ergonomic solution (easy updating, not impacting
the memory size of the file ...) for this problem ?

Thank you very much for your help,
W. ASSAL
)

Looking at the Insert/Object menu in my Excel 2002, I see Microsoft Equation
Editor 3.0. Perhaps this might be useful to you?

--ron

Ron Rosenfeld

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 06:39:07 -0800, "William ASSAL"
wrote:

Thank you very much !
It is very convenient for what I try to write. I didn't know this choice in
the tools bar. I thougth wrongly that the object had to exist somewhere in a
file before to be inserted in the worksheet. I am very sorry to have disturb
you with such a question. the answer was under my nose !

Have a nice and sunny day,

William ASSAL

I find most solutions are simple. It is FINDING those solutions that is
difficult :-). I am happy to have been able to help you.

Unfortunately, we are NOT having a sunny day today, being in the midst of a
winter nor'easter (blizzard) here in Downeast Maine :-(

--ron