Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default reveal unshown data in cell

One row has a lot of data in one cell, but it cuts off the data in the middle
and doesn't show it on the spreadsheet or in print, except if I hit F2.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Does this mean that you can see lots (maybe about a 1000 characters), then it
just fizzles out and you can't see the rest?

If yes, try adding alt-enters (to force a new line within the cell) every 80 or
100 characters.

You should be able to see lots more.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel will allow 32767 characters to be entered in a cell.

But.....only 1024 of these will be visible or can be printed.

Is this your problem?

You can extend this 1024 limit by using a smaller font or adding an Alt + Enter
every 80-100 characters.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 18:04:11 -0700, jessi
wrote:

One row has a lot of data in one cell, but it cuts off the data in the middle
and doesn't show it on the spreadsheet or in print, except if I hit F2.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It didn't work - all it did was give me a dozen paragraphs, but once I left
F2, I could only see the first half of the text again. Any other ideas? I
really appreciate your help.

wrote:

One row has a lot of data in one cell, but it cuts off the data in the middle
and doesn't show it on the spreadsheet or in print, except if I hit F2.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How many characters could you see?

I've seen 15000 with a small font and a wide column and tall rowheight.

Maybe you'd be better served by using a textbox--either from the Drawing toolbar
or from the Control toolbox toolbar?

Or by using MSWord?

wrote:

One row has a lot of data in one cell, but it cuts off the data in the middle
and doesn't show it on the spreadsheet or in print, except if I hit F2.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It doesn't matter how small I make the font, or how wide I make the column.
Enlarging the row size gave me a much larger cell but the bottom half of the
cell is empty after the text disappears. And I'm only seeing about 1200
characters out of the entire text which is about twice that. How could I use
Microsoft Word to help?

wrote:

One row has a lot of data in one cell, but it cuts off the data in the middle
and doesn't show it on the spreadsheet or in print, except if I hit F2.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I tried the Alt-enters this morning - it gave me about a dozen paragraphs but
didn't change the problem. And Word won't work for this project. Any other
ideas? Or anywhere else I might look for the answer? My boss is getting
antsy.