Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can i get alert on my pc when shared excel sheet is modified?

i have prepared an excel sheet which will be used by all users in my office.
Now suppose one user changes the data or updates the data, I want to receive
an alert or notification. How is it possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

About receiving notification of changes to a file or discussion

Important: Some of the content in this topic may not be applicable to some
languages.

The Subscription feature enables you to be notified by e-mail of any changes
made to a Web site. You can cancel a subscription at any time.

You can subscribe to an individual page or to all the pages (files) stored
in a folder on a Web server (Web server: A computer that hosts Web pages and
responds to requests from browsers. Also known as an HTTP server, a Web
server stores files whose URLs begin with http://.).

When you subscribe to a page or a folder, your discussion server (discussion
server: A computer that stores discussion text and information about the
location of the file being discussed.) notifies you on a scheduled basis if a
file or folder is modified, deleted, or moved, or even if a new file is
created in that folder.

You can also be notified if a discussion comment (discussion comment: A
remark or topic of discussion that is associated with a Web page or Microsoft
Office file and is stored on a discussion server.) is deleted from a file, or
if a new discussion comment is added.

Challa Prabhu

"mahesh dave" wrote:

i have prepared an excel sheet which will be used by all users in my office.
Now suppose one user changes the data or updates the data, I want to receive
an alert or notification. How is it possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Dear,

Thnaks for your response. But please try to understand my own problem. I'm
not using web server. This is a very simple question. Please try to
understand my question again: I have prepared an excel sheet and placed in a
"lane" of my office(i.e. placed at "My Netwrok Places"). This excel sheet
data are required to be filled by several deptt. Now how can I get
information that somebody have filled up the required data in the excel
sheet? To know that, is there any provision in the microsoft excel that it
gives me an alert or notification when someone changes or adding the data in
the excel sheet????

I'll be thankful to one who knows the solution of this problem.

Mahesh Dave.