Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Seperate digits of a number in a cell by columns and back

I am working with numbers of multiple digits in a single cell. I would like
each digit to be in its own cell within the same row, in multiple columns.
Then I am going to perform calculations on the numbers. Afterwards, I would
like to consiladate the numbers back into the same cell again.

Any ideas without using macros. I am unable to record macros on my
computer, unless you know a way around doing this without actually recording
a macro.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you don't need the ones place, tens place, etc. in the same column for all
numbers, perhaps this will work for you:

Select your column of numbers, Data -- Text to Columns. Select Fixed Width
and place break lines between each digit. Change the destination to the next
column over to preserve your original figures. You can then do your
calculations and delete the columns of individual digits when you're done.
Because you didn't overwrite your original figures, there is no need to put
the numbers back into the same cell again.

HTH
--
Elisabeth