Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how do i check if a number is repeating

well, being more clear, i got to enter different invoices numbers i would
like to make sure i dont enter the same inv# more than one time. can anyone
help me please. oh! and another one how do i enter a text as a formula. for
example, ny city.

thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi, jim thank you for you help.
i want the information on a1 to appear on c1 but lets say that is a city.
so i know how to do the formula with numbers but not text. i hope you
anderstand what i'm trying to say.
thank you.

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

You can use data validation for your first request to avoid duplicates.

Assuming you are data enterin in column A, Select A1 and then select the
entire column. Now Select Data - Validation - Custom and add the formula

=COUNTIF(A:A, A1) = 1

As for your second question I have no idea what you are looking to do. Can
you rephrase?
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"anier614" wrote:

well, being more clear, i got to enter different invoices numbers i would
like to make sure i dont enter the same inv# more than one time. can anyone
help me please. oh! and another one how do i enter a text as a formula. for
example, ny city.

thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

So in A1 you have
ny, city

In C1 add the formula
=A1
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"anier614" wrote:

well, being more clear, i got to enter different invoices numbers i would
like to make sure i dont enter the same inv# more than one time. can anyone
help me please. oh! and another one how do i enter a text as a formula. for
example, ny city.

thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi, i got one more question, i did the data validation but in one workbook i
have about 6 worksheet. can i use this formula so all the worksheets dont
duplicate.for example: if i'm working on sheet 1 and enter a invoice thats
already on sheet 2 will let me know. thank you.