Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can i stop Network Login pop-up while downloading excel

I work in an application where i need to export/download excel file to my
local system but everytime i try downloading it, my network login(Application
password) pop-up window appears and until i click on ok or cancel i m unable
to download the excel .Would really appreaciate if someone can please help
solve this issue.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Bob,

It asks for my password even when i m already logged in the application, its
an application which is developed using Java .I checked the source code and
found out its not suppose to behave like this.Once we get into the
application its not suppose to ask for our login credentials again.

I googled and found out this link where they have mentioned "When
downloading (excel), the system might ask for a network password, click
CANCEL and the file should open. " The site is --
http://www.auditors.state.ne.us/inde...rms_07_08.html

I can also click cancel and the excel would open anyway but this is not the
way it should behave .Now I m suppose to get rid of this issue but i dont
know how and I m sure its not an application realated issue..

Plabon wrote:
I work in an application where i need to export/download excel file to my
local system but everytime i try downloading it, my network login(Application
password) pop-up window appears and until i click on ok or cancel i m unable
to download the excel .Would really appreaciate if someone can please help
solve this issue.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry I don't have an answer, I suspect there is something with your
setup that is causing this, firewall or other setting. I doubt it is
actually Excel that is the issue but the data request from the remote
site. You would be time ahead contacting the tech support for the java
app and the host site.