Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Insert row adds formula to cell

I have a hidden column with a similar formula in each cell. For example cell
B2 is "=month(A2)", B3 is "=month(A3), etc. There are time when a row has to
be inserted, and since the B column is hidden from the end user I would like
to automatically add the formula to the cell added in the B column. Hope that
is easy to follow ;)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm using 2007, and it seems that Excel does this automatically.
If it does not, use the name box to select B1 and to paste it over your range
Say for example, column B has formulas from row 1 to 200
Type B1 in the name box
Copy
Type B1:B200 in the name box
Paste