Ben Mehling

Default Make a formula that adds every 4th cell in a column indefinately?

In Office 2003 I need to make a formula that will add up every fourth cell in
a given column (i.e. A8,A12,A16,A20,etc). This range extends beyond 30
entries (one for each work day for a year) so entering each one individually
will not work. I haven't been able to find anything in the Excel help that
has been useful. Does anyone know how to accomplish this?
Roger Govier

Hi Ben
One way
=SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW(A8:A1000),4)=0),A8:A1000)
Change range to suit but make sure the ranges are of identical size.

Regards

Roger Govier

Ben Mehling wrote:
In Office 2003 I need to make a formula that will add up every fourth cell in
a given column (i.e. A8,A12,A16,A20,etc). This range extends beyond 30
entries (one for each work day for a year) so entering each one individually
will not work. I haven't been able to find anything in the Excel help that
has been useful. Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

Roger Govier

You're welcome Ben, thanks for the feedback.
Regards

Roger Govier

Ben Mehling wrote:
Excellent! Thank you Roger!