Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default In a range of months can I capture the most current month entry?

I have a spreadsheet with months accross the top. In my total column I want
to capture the number in the most recent month.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The number, is it one number or what, please try to describe more in detail
what you want.
Are the months simply text values like Jan or January, Feb/February. In
what cell do they start, in what cell do you put the number (the adjacent
cell below the month etc)?

Peo Sjoblom

"Karlene" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet with months accross the top. In my total column I
want
to capture the number in the most recent month.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Your question is a little thin on details but perhaps this will give you a
start...

http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.LastValue.html
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Karlene" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with months accross the top. In my total column I want
to capture the number in the most recent month.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Karlene,

There are any number of ways to do this, based on how you have your data
laid out. If you are laying it out a year at a time, you could use a VLOOKUP
based on the month and the current date; you could use an OFFSET using
MONTH(TODAY()) as your horizaontal offset. If your monthly data is really a
cumulative amount and that's why you are only looking for the current month's
total, you could make two rows - one for monthly and one for cumulative and
sum the monthly row. Does any of that help?

"Karlene" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with months accross the top. In my total column I want
to capture the number in the most recent month.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are the months full dates? And what defines most recent month, the one that
today is in, the date above not later than today?

--
HTH

Bob