Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default weird thing about clear contents of a worksheet....

It is exactly the same worksheet. When I clear its contents (select the whole
spreadsheet then press delete key) in my laptop, it works within a blink.
When I switch to my desktop which is faster, it takes forever to clear the
contents of the worksheet. Any idea of why?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Any formula or any automatic macro that may refer to a file on a network
drive which could be present in one case but not the other?

What is the CPU indicator showing when you delete entire content on your
desktop (use CTRL+ALT+DEL, then tab Processes, then highlight Excel)?

Jerry wrote:
It is exactly the same worksheet. When I clear its contents (select the whole
spreadsheet then press delete key) in my laptop, it works within a blink.
When I switch to my desktop which is faster, it takes forever to clear the
contents of the worksheet. Any idea of why?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

After I embed "application.enableevents=false" in the spreadsheet, it still
takes long,long time to clear the contents of the speadsheet.

The usage of CPU is indicated as 50%. It is unusually high. No idea of the
cause.