Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Combobox

Thanks to all who are willing to help

I have a combobox that gets the items in it from a range. The range however
is sometimes expanded to cover more items. I cant make the combobox to show
these new added items. What should I do to let the combobox know that it
needs to update.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

You can name your range as dynamic name so if you add in the end of your
list it comes to you name range to make a dynamic name go to:
Insert Name Define

put the name in the top textboex (say MyDynamicName)
and put the following frmula to the refer to text box at the bottom ( asumed
your range starts from the cell A1)

=OFFSET($A$1,0,0,COUNTA(OFFSET($A$1,0,0,9999,1)),1 )
link your combobox to the name

Thanks,
--
Farhad Hodjat

"N.F" wrote:

Thanks to all who are willing to help

I have a combobox that gets the items in it from a range. The range however
is sometimes expanded to cover more items. I cant make the combobox to show
these new added items. What should I do to let the combobox know that it
needs to update.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Please refer to the followinf URL: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html

Challa Prabhu

"N.F" wrote:

Thanks to all who are willing to help

I have a combobox that gets the items in it from a range. The range however
is sometimes expanded to cover more items. I cant make the combobox to show
these new added items. What should I do to let the combobox know that it
needs to update.

combobox into another combobox girlie New Users to Excel 1 September 26th 06 10:31 AM
combobox flow23 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 April 21st 06 04:11 PM
ComboBox Abs Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 February 15th 06 02:05 AM
COMBOBOX smiley New Users to Excel 1 October 12th 05 02:01 PM
Combobox M Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 March 7th 05 10:29 AM