Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
APK APK is offline

Default Moving with in an EXCEL program

How do I move or jump from one cell to another avoiding other cells in
between. Example If I was in cell A1 and want to go to cell D6 next the go to
G8 the return turn to A2, how could I do this.
--
Goodsave
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this code, go to the sheet you require this to work on, right click on
the sheet tab and select view code, paste the following in that window.

Dim aTabOrd As Variant
Dim i As Long

aTabOrd = Array("A1", "D6", "G8", "A2")

For i = LBound(aTabOrd) To UBound(aTabOrd)
If aTabOrd(i) = Target.Address(0, 0) Then
If i = UBound(aTabOrd) Then
Me.Range(aTabOrd(LBound(aTabOrd))).Select
Else
Me.Range(aTabOrd(i + 1)).Select
Next i

End Sub

"APK" wrote:

How do I move or jump from one cell to another avoiding other cells in
between. Example If I was in cell A1 and want to go to cell D6 next the go to
G8 the return turn to A2, how could I do this.
--
Goodsave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See Bob Phillips' site for a couple of methods.

You could also use sheet event code to leap from one cell to another as you
ENTER out of each cell.

Post back if that interests you.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 08:28:00 -0700, APK wrote:

How do I move or jump from one cell to another avoiding other cells in
between. Example If I was in cell A1 and want to go to cell D6 next the go to
G8 the return turn to A2, how could I do this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

First click cell A1, and then press the Ctrl key and click D6, G8 and A2 and
then release the Ctrl key.

Important: Do not press your mouse cursor. Just press the enter key. You
will notice cell selection moves across all the cells within the range.

Challa Prabhu