Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default sum a range if two conditions are met

I would like to sum the numbers in a column that coincide with the rows where
the numbers in two other columns meet a certain condition.

For example, I need to find all rows where column A and column B have a
value of one; then the corresponding values for those rows in column C need
to be summed. I thought this may be a sumif formula, however I don't know if
more than one function can be nested in a sumif formula.

Valerie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Try This:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100=B1:B100),C1:C100)

Thanks,
--
Farhad Hodjat

"Valerie" wrote:

I would like to sum the numbers in a column that coincide with the rows where
the numbers in two other columns meet a certain condition.

For example, I need to find all rows where column A and column B have a
value of one; then the corresponding values for those rows in column C need
to be summed. I thought this may be a sumif formula, however I don't know if
more than one function can be nested in a sumif formula.

Valerie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry it was a missunderestood the formula i gave you sums all rows that A &
B are equal Mike H's answer is correct.

Thanks,
--
Farhad Hodjat