Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default I want to format text within a cell with color in Excel

I have a cell with several words in the color black, but I want to highlight
one of those words in red. While in the cell, I format the work using the
formatting function and while I'm editing the cell the formatting looks like
it will take place. However, when I exit the cell, I lose the formatting.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When you go to Print Preview does the color show?

Check this out................

The fill color, the fill pattern, or the line color of a WordArt or
AutoShape object in an Office document does not change

As directed, change the High Contrast setting in Windows OS

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 06:52:01 -0700, Horse crazy <Horse
wrote:

I have a cell with several words in the color black, but I want to highlight
one of those words in red. While in the cell, I format the work using the
formatting function and while I'm editing the cell the formatting looks like
it will take place. However, when I exit the cell, I lose the formatting.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I cannot reproduce your problem. It works fine on my system. I can view
different colors of edited text in print preview mode. I chenked zooming in
Print preview too.

Challa Prabhu