Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can't print only borders. I want a grid sheet no words

I want to print a grid sheet, like what's used for math and engineering
students. I don't want any words, though. I've formatted everything, in
print preview it looks great, but when I print, nothing comes out but plain
paper. I've checked my printer and it is fine. The computer and the printer
are communicating without any glitches. Any advice? Borders print fine when
they are around words, and within the range of cells with words. Nothing
listed as named ranges, but I have tried that. I've tried "print gridlines",
but that does not work for me without words, even with a "print area" named.
I have Excel 2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dlw dlw is offline

are you setting the print area right? Just highlight a page worth of cells,
and go File/Set print area, that works on my version of excel (2000)

"rs metz" wrote:

I want to print a grid sheet, like what's used for math and engineering
students. I don't want any words, though. I've formatted everything, in
print preview it looks great, but when I print, nothing comes out but plain
paper. I've checked my printer and it is fine. The computer and the printer
are communicating without any glitches. Any advice? Borders print fine when
they are around words, and within the range of cells with words. Nothing
listed as named ranges, but I have tried that. I've tried "print gridlines",
but that does not work for me without words, even with a "print area" named.
I have Excel 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You know you can download free graph papers online

http://www.mathematicshelpcentral.com/graph_paper.htm

(there are a lot out there if you search for it)

I believe it is a little better than to use gridlines Excel

Peo Sjoblom