Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cell selection no longer shades cells

I have a user who has managed to change the action of the cell selection
tool. When she selects a group of cells, they are no longer showing shaded.
She often uses the control key to select non-adjacent groups of cells, but
is having a hard time doing this without the shading.

We've tried closing Excel and even rebooting her PC, but can't get the cells
to be shaded when selected.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Can you select a range of cells and view the shading of those cells. If so
then adjacent cells should also display shading.

Note: If you cannot select range, than you cannot create named definiton and
so on. You will have to manully enter the refrences of cells.

Just try this.

Challa Prabhu

"Janlanbo" wrote:

I have a user who has managed to change the action of the cell selection
tool. When she selects a group of cells, they are no longer showing shaded.
She often uses the control key to select non-adjacent groups of cells, but
is having a hard time doing this without the shading.

We've tried closing Excel and even rebooting her PC, but can't get the cells
to be shaded when selected.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There is no shading at all when she selects a range. Normally, if you use
your mouse to select a group of cells, the 1st cell shows white, the
remaining cells show lightly shaded, and a black line appears around the
selection. If you want to select another group of cells, you can hit CTRL
key and do so, and the existing cell selection stays all gray (no more
outline, and 1st cells is now also shaded.)

In her case, when she makes the selection, the outline appears, but all the
cells show with no shading. Then when she hits CTRL to make her next
selection, the original selection loses its outline (as is normal), but
because there is no shading, she can't see the other cells she has selected.

We are stumped!~

If all else fails, is there a way in Excel to restore all the original
settings without having to reload Excel?