Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Linking Cells

I am linking some Text cells in a worksheet to other cells to
automaticaly link them with Copy/Paste Link.

Even though the source cell is formatted as text the target cell shows
a zero (0) when empty. How do I get the target cell to stay blank?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(A1="","",A1)
--
David Biddulph

"Bookworm" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am linking some Text cells in a worksheet to other cells to
automaticaly link them with Copy/Paste Link.

Even though the source cell is formatted as text the target cell shows
a zero (0) when empty. How do I get the target cell to stay blank?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On 10 Aug, 14:15, Tim879 wrote:
You could also use the isblank function

=if(isblank(a1),"",a1)

On Aug 10, 6:10 am, Bookworm wrote:

I am linking some Text cells in a worksheet to other cells to
automaticaly link them with Copy/Paste Link.

Even though the source cell is formatted as text the target cell shows
a zero (0) when empty. How do I get the target cell to stay blank?

Thanks for info. A question though? you suggest: =if(isblank(a1) etc
what cell does this refer to? where the source is? and at the end you
use the same cell reference a1 what does this refer to and where do I
place the formula in the source worksheet or the target worksheet.
Sorry for seeming an idiot but I am fairly new to anything but the
simplist spreadsheets.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On 10 Aug, 14:15, Tim879 wrote:
You could also use the isblank function

=if(isblank(a1),"",a1)

On Aug 10, 6:10 am, Bookworm wrote:

I am linking some Text cells in a worksheet to other cells to
automaticaly link them with Copy/Paste Link.

Even though the source cell is formatted as text the target cell shows
a zero (0) when empty. How do I get the target cell to stay blank?

Sorry I am getting mixed up with another posting I have on pasting
cells to the next blank space on another worksheet.

Profuse apolgies.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Bookworm" wrote:
I am linking some Text cells in a worksheet to other cells to
automaticaly link them with Copy/Paste Link.

Even though the source cell is formatted as text the target cell shows
a zero (0) when empty. How do I get the target cell to stay blank?

Thanks to everyone that helped. OK now. Did it via the format way as I
am not yet into code. Taught myself to correct all cells by using a
macro so I have learned two things today.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Do the following:

1. On the Tools menu, click Options.
The Options dialog box is displayed.
2. Click the View tab.
3. Under Windows Option
4. Clear the Zero values check box.
5. Click Ok to ste the properties and return to the worksheet.

Challa prabhu