Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2003 - Comments and cell labels

Hi, I have a spreadsheet filled with comments and it is too cluttered to
print them where they are located. I therefore want to print the comments
at the end of the spreadsheet. BUT ... I don't want it to show the cell
number - that is meaningless to the reader of a hard copy (unless we display
the column and row numbers too). I want it to show what is displayed in the
actual cell. I hope there is an easy way as I don't know the first thing
about code!! Many thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In case you want to list comments on new page, you can download one free
utility "Workbook Navigation" from below site.

http://in.geocities.com/shahshaileshs/

To get comment list right click on Add Sheet Buttonadd sheet for comment
List.
This will create new Worksheet named CommentList showing info with Columns
as under.

A B C D E
F G H I
Sheet |Address |Comment |Cell Value |Author |Shp. Name
|Type |Visible |Image

From this worksheet, you can hide the columns you don't want & take printout
of this sheet.

Regards,
Shailesh Shah
http://in.geocities.com/shahshaileshs/
(Free addins Office Menu-2003 for Office-2007)
If You Can't Excel with Talent, Triumph with Effort.

"Trish" wrote in message
Hi, I have a spreadsheet filled with comments and it is too cluttered to
print them where they are located. I therefore want to print the
comments
at the end of the spreadsheet. BUT ... I don't want it to show the cell
number - that is meaningless to the reader of a hard copy (unless we
display
the column and row numbers too). I want it to show what is displayed in
the
actual cell. I hope there is an easy way as I don't know the first thing
about code!! Many thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Shailesh - that was brilliant! Thank you SO much!

"Shailesh Shah" wrote:

In case you want to list comments on new page, you can download one free
utility "Workbook Navigation" from below site.

http://in.geocities.com/shahshaileshs/

To get comment list right click on Add Sheet Buttonadd sheet for comment
List.
This will create new Worksheet named CommentList showing info with Columns
as under.

A B C D E
F G H I
Sheet |Address |Comment |Cell Value |Author |Shp. Name
|Type |Visible |Image

From this worksheet, you can hide the columns you don't want & take printout
of this sheet.

Regards,