Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Help with complicated(?) Range

I am trying to cut information from a known set of columns (A:Q) with a
variable row and move them to a known set of columns (A:Q) with a variable
row. I think it should look something like this:

Sheets("Deleted").Range("A" &
xLastRow&:"Q"&xLastRow)=Sheets("Data").Range("A" & i:"Q"&i)

Actually what I have above is when I was trying to copy. I am no longer
trying to copy but actually cut and paste.

Any help please?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tim Tim is offline

Try to add this line to your code:

Sheets("Deleted").Range("A" &
xLastRow&:"Q"&xLastRow).ClearContents

Tim

"Haxer" wrote:

I am trying to cut information from a known set of columns (A:Q) with a
variable row and move them to a known set of columns (A:Q) with a variable
row. I think it should look something like this:

Sheets("Deleted").Range("A" &
xLastRow&:"Q"&xLastRow)=Sheets("Data").Range("A" & i:"Q"&i)

Actually what I have above is when I was trying to copy. I am no longer
trying to copy but actually cut and paste.

Any help please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This seems to have gotten a little off what I am trying to do. But I have
used what you have given me to make this line:

Sheets("Deleted").Rows(xLastRow) = Sheets("Data").Range("A" & iLastRow &
":Q" & iLastRow).Value

Which looks like what I want it to do except it doesn't seem to do anything.
No information is copied. Can you Please HELP?
Thanks alot

"Haxer" wrote:

I am trying to cut information from a known set of columns (A:Q) with a
variable row and move them to a known set of columns (A:Q) with a variable
row. I think it should look something like this:

Sheets("Deleted").Range("A" &
xLastRow&:"Q"&xLastRow)=Sheets("Data").Range("A" & i:"Q"&i)

Actually what I have above is when I was trying to copy. I am no longer
trying to copy but actually cut and paste.

Any help please?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tim Tim is offline

Try to change your code to this:
Sheets("Data").Rows(xLastRow) = Sheets("Deleted").Range("A" & iLastRow &
":Q" & iLastRow).Value

Tim